Tuesday, December 29, 2009

New Year's Resolution Part 1 - Body

To worship God with my body means to me that I will:
1. Exercise in some fashion every day
2. Eat sensibly - stuff like: no second helpings, limiting desserts, watching the types of carbs consumed, etc.
3. Intentionally add the good fats to my daily intake
4. Drink my daily requirement of water while cutting back on such things like coffee.
5. Have an apple a day, as well as other fruits and vegetables.

This is not about losing weight or living longer ... it is about honoring God by being the healthiest that I can be physically. Again, as stated yesterday, I've been down this road before and have always failed because I am not very good at self-discipline. It is easy to find excuses and this time probably won't be any different. So here lies the challenge!

The real difference this time is that I am including the mind and the spirit. I will share about these other two in the next two days. The conviction that over took me this time was that I needed to involve my entire being in honoring God. I would appreciate your prayer support in this effort.

Now for a funny side to resolutions from the late Erma Bombeck. Her are some of her memorable resolutions:
1. I will go to no doctor whose office plants have died.
2. I’m going to follow my husband’s suggestion to put a little excitement into my life by living within our budget.
3. I’m going to apply for a hardship scholarship to Weight Watchers.
4. I will never loan my car to anyone I have given birth to.


Quote for today: "Coincidence is a God-scheduled opportunity." Scott Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment