Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Family

I've always known that I am blessed beyond measure, but sometimes I need to be reminded of that reality. Yesterday was such an event.

While sitting in the barber's chair he asked, "Well, is your family going to be together for Christmas?" I assured him that we would be and have been for every year our daughters have been alive. Then I went on to state, "In fact, as is true for most Tuesday evenings, we will all be together tonight for supper." Then I noticed that all conversation had stopped in the room, all heads were now turned in my direction and my barber said, with great surprise, "Really! Aren't you lucky!" But, I would rather just call it being blessed.

Truly I am - a lovely wife of 44 years, two dynamic daughers, a caring son-in-love and a delightful (and entertaining) granddaughter ... it couldn't get much better than that.

I hate to use an old saying, but Christmas is just "the icing on the cake," as they say.

Will your family be together this Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment