Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Blessings on a daily basis

I’ve heard most of my life that good things come in packages of three. Maybe it has something to do with the legendary visit of the 3 magi to the young child Jesus or, maybe it has something to do with the Holy Trinity. I’m not sure where this “concept of 3” began, but I have found myself looking over my shoulder when something good happens … looking for the next blessing. Anyway, this all came flooding back to me when I read the following.

Three things in life that, once gone, never come back -
Time… Words… Opportunity

Three things in life that can destroy a person -
Anger… Pride… Unforgiveness

Three things in life that you should never lose-
Hope… Peace… Honesty

Three things in life that are most valuable -
Love… Family and Friends… Kindness

Three things in life that are never certain -
Fortune… Success… Dreams

Three things that make a person -
Commitment… Sincerity… Hard work

Three things that are truly constant -
Father… Son… Holy Spirit


Each of us is blessed in more ways than we can imagine. Some of the blessings we simply take for granted. Others too often go unrecognized. As the old gospel song goes, “Count your many blessings, name them one by one, count your many blessings, see what God has done!”

Quote for today: “I’m on a first name basis with Holy.” Author unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment