Monday, March 8, 2010

Thinking positive

Trying to think positive as another cold front brought more cold weather to our region I asked myself what did I like about cold weather.

1. I get to wear my sweaters which I love.
2. I like the feel of sleeping under blankets – the more the better. Plus, the warmth of the bed verses the cold room.
3. I like our fireplace.
4. There are certain cold weather foods that I like such as a big bowl of chili.

Well, that is about it. It isn’t much, but it is better to embrace the positive than curse what you cannot do anything about. Actually that is a pretty good approach to all of life. We can either bemoan the facts of our life or celebrate the good we find in it. As an old movie asks, “What if this is as good as it gets?” Or, as the old cliché goes, “work with what you have instead of wishing for something that will never come.”

A joke for today: "It was so cold where we were," said the Arctic explorer, "that the candle froze and we couldn't blow it out." "That's nothing," said his rival. "Where we were, the words came out of our mouths in pieces of ice and we had to fry them to hear what we were talking about." Source unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment