Saturday, March 20, 2010

The ligher side of life

I’ve blogged this week about life so – because it is Saturday and time for my “lighter side of life” – here is my favorite story about when does life begin …

A priest, a protestant minister and a rabbi where discussing the matter as to when does life begin. The priest states, “I do not understand why there is even a question since the Holy Father, who is the very voice of God, has emphatically declared that life begins at conception. End of story!”

The protestant minister just shook his head and shared, “I’m sorry but you and the good Pope are wrong. Life doesn’t begin at conception, but rather at the point of birth itself.”

To which the rabbi finally raised his voice and said, “I’m deeply sorry, but you both have got it wrong. Life begins when the last child leaves and takes the dog.”

Quote for today: “I’ve met a lot of people who died at the age of 45, but unfortunately they just hung around until they were 70 to leave.” Source unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment