Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Holy Week perspective

As Holy Week begins today here is just one perspective on the hands of Jesus … I begin with a popular e-mail that continues to make the rounds and end with the lyrics of a popular youth song of several years ago.

Hands! Author unknown
A basketball in my hands is worth about $19. A basketball in Michael Jordan's hands is worth about $33 million. It depends whose hand’s its in.
A baseball in my hands is worth about $6. A baseball in Roger Clemens' hands is worth $475 million. It depends on whose hand’s it's in.
A tennis racket is useless in my hands. A tennis racket in Andre Agassi's hands is worth millions. It depends whose hand’s its in.
A rod in my hands will keep away an angry dog. A rod in Moses' hands will part the mighty sea. It depends whose hands its in.
A slingshot in my hands is a kid's toy. A slingshot in David's hand is a mighty weapon.It depends whose hand’s it's in.
Two fish and 5 loaves of bread in my hands is a couple of fish sandwiches. Two fish and 5 loaves of bread in Jesus' hands will feed thousands. It depends whose hand’s its in.
Nails in my hands might produce a birdhouse. Nails in Jesus Christ's hands will produce salvation for the entire world. It depends whose hand’s it's in.
As you see now, it depends whose hands it's in.

So put your concerns, your worries, your fears, your hopes, your dreams, your families and your relationships in God's hands because... It depends whose hand’s it's in.

One of my youth choirs once enjoyed singing the once popular song by Anderson Lynn:

Put your hand in the hand of the man who stilled the water put your hand in the hand of the man who calmed the sea … Take a look at yourself and you can look at others differently by puttin your hand in the hand of the man from Galilee.

Every time I look into the Holy Book I wanna tremble … When I read about the part where a carpenter cleared the temple … For the buyers and the sellers were no different fella's than what I professed to be and it causes me shame to know I'm not the gal that I should be.

Put your hand in the hand of the man who stilled the water … Put your hand in the hand of the man who calmed the sea. Take a look at yourself and you can look at others differently by puttin your hand in the hand of the man from Galilee.

Mama taught me how to pray before I reached the age of seven and when I'm down on my knees, that's when I'm close to heaven … Daddy lived his life for two kids and a wife, but you do what you must do but he showed me enough of what it takes to get me through


EASTER is the time that we are reminded about some nailed pierced hands that turned the world upside down and changes lives.

Holy Week … Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Black or Dark Saturday, Easter … the journey of Holy Week – it can be just “another week like all weeks, but you are there” or it can be a life changing week like none other.

Quote for today: “When we get full of ourselves, we get empty of God.” Shared by Geneva Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment