Friday, March 5, 2010

Infected with a virus

The word is such a simple word, but oh what havoc it can play. The word is VIRUS! Thus began Wednesday morning … a virus had slipped into my computer past all of the protective software that had been installed. It came in a disguise which used much of the same type of computer language that my “anti-virus” software uses. It is particularly ugly in nature.

I am thankful for my son-in-love who just happens to be into computers for a living. Actually God in all of his divine wisdom knew that I was computer challenged so into my life he brought this person … but the truth be know God brought Eric into our daughter’s life I just happen to come with the package. Poor Eric!

Anyway, the short of it all is that he ran the computer in safe mode to find what was going on. That is a long process and the computer ran Wednesday evening, but didn’t show any virus. I said earlier that it was a particularly ugly virus. So, Plan B began last night and the computer ran all night. BINGO – three infected files. Hopefully tonight, after he gets off work, the problem can be solved.

All of that causes me to arrive at this life conclusion: Wouldn’t it be great if we could “infect” the world with love and grace as easily as my computer got infected – simply riding on the coattails of a message or two. Actually it is easy … just start with the person closes to you. Shower that person with hugs and adulation's. As their self-esteem grows it will spread to someone else and so forth and so on. As the song lyric goes: “Spread a little love …”

Now, if I can only figure out how to get my e-mail message via web mail my world would begin to look a little bit better …

Quote for today: “Dr. John Geddie went to Aneityum in 1848 and worked there for God for 24 years. On the tablet erected to his memory these words are inscribed: ‘When he landed, in 1848, there were no Christians. When he left, in 1872, there were no heathen.’” J.O. Sanders

No comments:

Post a Comment