Friday, July 2, 2010

Being a blessing to others

An old song has been running through my gray matter for the last day or so … Making Me a Blessing. The lyrics are:

1. Out in the highways and byways of life, many are weary and sad; are weary and sad Carry the sunshine where darkness is rife making the sorrowing glad.

Refrain: Make me a blessing, Make me a blessing, Out of my life out of my life May Jesus shine; Make me a blessing, O savior, I pray, I pray Thee, my Savior, Make me a blessing to someone today.

2. Tell the sweet story of Christ and His love; Tell of His pow'r to forgive; His pow'r to forgive. Others will trust Him if only you prove true ev'ry moment you live. Refrain

3. Give as 'twas given to you in your need; Love as the Master loved you; Be to the helpless a helper indeed; Unto your mission be true. Refrain

These words have been running over and over in my mind as a prayer because I’m discovering many individuals who need to be blessed. They feel defeated, broken, heavy burdened … the weight of the world on their shoulders weighing them down to the point that it is just too hard to even look up.

God does place in our pathway individuals that could use a hand up, a smile, a kind word, a hug … a blessing. Each of us just need to keep reminding ourselves that the Almighty might be using us and something that we just might say to be a life changing blessing for some other traveler in life. Make me … us … a blessing!

I have also been reminded by a former youth that it is important to share with others when they have been a blessing to you. May we never take others for granted because they probably have been on a mission for God, but just didn’t know it!

Quote for today: Joy is the byproduct of obedience. Traditional

No comments:

Post a Comment