Monday, August 1, 2011

The secret of taking time for ...

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from your presence, and take not your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit. Psalm 51:10-12

From an unknown author comes some insightful ideas about taking time … after all, we are given the same amount of time each day how we use it speaks volumes about our priorities.

Take time to think – it is the source of power.
Take time to read – it is the foundation of wisdom.
Take time to exercise – it is the secret of staying young.
Take time to be aware – it is the opportunity to seek God.
Take time to love and be loved – it is God’s greatest gift.
Take time to laugh – it is the music of the soul.
Take time to be friendly – it is the road to happiness.
Take time to dream – it is what the future is made of.
Take time to pray – it is the greatest power on earth.

When I need something done in the church or community I always look for the busiest person around and ask them … especially if I really need it done and done well.

Can people be overburdened by responsibilities? Absolutely, but the busy person usually has discovered the power of accomplishment and the wisdom of prioritizing their time and energy.

They’ve learned the secret of taking time to plan.

I heard of an extremely busy and highly successful executive of a Fortune 500 company. He would traditionally spend long hours at his desk or in meetings or on the phone, but he began each day with four hours of prayer. When asked why he would spend so much time praying when there was so many issues sitting on his desk and waiting for his attention he responded: “I am able to handle all those pressing matters because I spend the first four hours of every day in prayer.”

He learned the secret of taking time!

No comments:

Post a Comment