Sunday, May 9, 2010

Spring Cleaning

We are in the last days of spring with summer coming on fast. Our weather would indicate that summer arrived several weeks ago – heat and humidity have been outrageous. Spring always brings to mind the process of Spring Cleaning. The house is always in some stage of needing to be cleaned … that’s reality. But, what about our lives – spiritually and otherwise? When do we take time to clean up our “act” – so to speak – to clean out bad behavior, immature conduct? When do we take the time to evaluate our spiritual journey and determine what should be kept and what should be discarded? I don’t know about anybody else, but for me it is time for a good Spring Cleaning job on my mind, behavior and spiritual thinking … the cheering you hear in the background is coming from my family!

And then from an email I get this little concept:
HOW TO CLEAN THE HOUSE
1. Open a new file in your PC.
2. Name it "Housework."
3. Send it to the RECYCLE BIN.
4. Empty the RECYCLE BIN.
5. Your PC will ask you, "Are you sure you want to delete Housework permanently ?"
6. Calmly answer, "Yes," and press mouse button firmly...
7. Feel better?


Works for me!

Quote for today: “The Greeks had a race in their Olympic games that was unique. The winner was not the runner who finished first. It was the runner who finished with his torch still lit. I want to run all the way with the flame of my torch still lit for Him.” J. Stowell

No comments:

Post a Comment