Thursday, May 23, 2013

May we be a blessing in direct proportion to the blessings we have received (Ephesians 1:3)


SCRIPTURE: Ephesians 1:3 (TM)
How blessed is God! And what a blessing he is! He's the Father of our Master, Jesus Christ, and takes us to the high places of blessing in him.

STORY:
One morning R.C. Chapman, a devout Christian, was asked how he was feeling. "I'm burdened this morning!" was his reply. But his happy countenance contradicted his words. So the questioner exclaimed in surprise, "Are you really burdened, Mr. Chapman?" "Yes, but it's a wonderful burden--it's an overabundance of blessings for which I cannot find enough time or words to express my gratitude!" Seeing the puzzled look on the face of his friend, Chapman added with a smile, "I am referring to Psalm 68:19, which fully describes my condition. In that verse the Father in heaven reminds us that He 'daily loads us with benefits.'"

OBSERVATION:
Each day we have two choices to either burden our spirit with what is wrong in our life or to lift our spirit with what is right in our life... two choices that will determine the outcome of the day... two choices that will effect everyone we come in contact with… two choices – which one do we think God would have our choose?

It is the “half-full – half-empty” syndrome. Everybody has a burden they are carrying. Some are carrying more than their share. How we approach and deal with our burdens could determine our physical condition. Dr. Bernie Segal in his book, Love, Medicine and Miracles, talks about the positive and negative effect that our attitude has on our physical wellbeing. The more negative our thinking the more destruction is done internally. The more positive we are the more healing we will experience. It is our choice.

God pours his blessing upon us on a daily basis. We choose to either acknowledge his blessings or deny that they exist. It is possible to add a “but” after his blessings. Is it wise to do such a negative thing to our thinking. We can either soar with God or have a pity party for ourselves, but as the saying goes “the smallest package in the world is a person wrapped up with themselves.”

As God pours out his blessings on us we can either be blessing to others or … well, let’s just not go in that other direction. O.K.? O.K.! 

Make me a blessing,

Make me a blessing,

Out of my life

out of my life
May Jesus shine;

Make me a blessing,
O savior, I pray,

I pray Thee, my Savior,

Make me a blessing
to someone today.

PRAYER:
God, who pours out his blessings upon us his children, has created us to be a channel of blessings to others. So may it be!

No comments:

Post a Comment