Saturday, March 5, 2011

A little Southern-style humor for today

I believe that God put humor and laughter into our DNA, but as we become adults we run the risk of losing those heavenly traits. And, since I married a woman with deep southern roots – 5th generation Floridian – and I went to college in Nashville and Atlanta – I found these items about southern thinking gifts from heaven to go along with our DNA!

Alabama: The Sheriff pulled up next to the guy unloading garbage out of his pick-up into the ditch. The Sheriff asked, 'Why are you dumping garbage in the ditch? Don't you see that sign right over your head'. Yep', he replied. 'That's why I'm a dumpin it here, cause it says 'Fine For Dumping Garbage'.

Louisiana: A senior at LSU was overheard saying... 'When the end of the world comes, I hope to be in Louisiana.' When asked why, he replied he'd rather be in Louisiana because everything happens in Louisiana 20 years later than in the rest of the civilized world.

Mississippi: The young man from Mississippi came running into the store and said to his buddy, 'Bubba, somebody just stole your pickup truck from the parking lot!' Bubba replied, 'Did you see who it was?' The young man answered, 'I couldn't tell, but I got his license number.'
Georgia: A Georgia State trooper pulled over a pickup on I-75. The trooper asked, 'Got any I. D.?' The driver replied, 'Bout whut?'

Tennessee: A man in Tennessee had a flat tire, pulled off on the side of the road, and proceeded to put a bouquet of flowers in front of the car and one behind it. Then he got back in the car to wait. A passerby studied the scene as he drove by and was so curious he turned around and went back. He asked the fellow what the problem was. The man replied, 'I got a flat tare.' The passerby asked, 'But what's with the flowers?' The man responded, 'When you break down they tell ya to put flares in the front and flares in the back. Hey, it don't make no sense to me neither.'

Arkansas: 'You can say what you want about the South, but I ain't never heard of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

Quote for today: Through humor, you can soften some of the worst blows that life delivers. And once you find laughter, no matter how painful your situation might be, you can survive it. ~Bill Cosby

No comments:

Post a Comment