Saturday, October 1, 2011

A Modern Day Parable - The Parable of the Rock

The Parable of the Rock ~ author unknown
A man is asked by the Lord to push a large rock. The man pushes against the rock with his hands. It doesn't move. The man puts his back against it and pushes. The rock doesn't move. The man expends all his energy pushing against the rock, then when he's completely exhausted he rests for a minute and then gets up and pushes against the rock again. The rock still doesn't move. Finally, the Lord comes back and the man apologizes: "I'm sorry, Lord. I tried to move the rock but I just can't do it..." The Lord replies: "I didn't ask you to move it, I just asked you to push it!" And then the man receives great blessings for his obedience and faithfulness...

AN OBSERVATION:
Understanding the instructions might help in our journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment